Friday, May 30, 2014

Vanilla Chai French Toast

French Toast is a great breakfast food, but lacks the high amounts of protein that keep you full until lunch, or morning coffee. This protein packed french toast offers a lot of flavour and can be enjoyed at anytime of the day! Just top it with your favourite fruit and enjoy!

This week has been crazy. When I get stressed I crave sweet foods, like waffles. Waffles seem to make everything better. I had a nap and woke up wanting breakfast for dinner. I did not have any bacon or sausages for protein, so I played around and found a way to add protein to my french toast! This tasted just as good as the original, and was probably a bit softer because of all the extra egg. This recipe has no waste, is packed with protein, and is delicious.

For me, cooking is all about experimenting. I do not follow recipes exactly, and I tend to omit items or add new items. That is what makes it exciting. Somethings work, and other things don't. Gluten free can be really gross, but other times it can be truly delicious and can taste like any other gluten filled food. Having celiac disease is no longer a burden, but an adventure that I look forward to most days (I really miss angel food cake! - That is an experiment for another day, and another post!)



Vanilla Chai French Toast
1 Egg
Cinnamon
1 Scoop Vega Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
Splash of Almond Milk
2 Pieces of Silver Hills Gluten Free Bread

Mix egg, protein powder, cinnamon, and almond milk in a bowl until well blended. If it is a little thick add some more milk. Put bread in the bowl one slice at a time to coat well. Place bread into frying pan and cook. Before flipping toast put more of the egg blend onto the toast. Alternate flipping and adding more until there is no more blend left and the toast is nice and brown.

Top with your favorite fruits and a tablespoon of maple syrup! Enjoy

This recipe is higher in points plus than I would prefer, but it is comparable to having a meal with meat and rice or pasta! It is filling, and sometimes you need to treat yourself! This was the perfect treat! It was healthy, filled me up, and satisfied my terrible waffle craving!
I hope everyone is having a great week!
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment