Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gluten Free Cheesy Crackers


These Gluten Free Cheesy Crackers are perfect for dipping, or eating plain. They are a great side with soup and chili. They are versatile and will keep your guests coming back for more!

Day 6: 12 Days of Gluten Free Christmas Baking

Yesterday I posted my holiday version of baked brie cheese. Brie pairs perfectly with some French bread, but those days are long gone. Now I usually enjoy brie with some corn chips or gluten free crackers. However, when I was deciding what to make for Christmas I remembered these delicious cheese crisps that I had when I was a child. They were not gluten free, but they were amazing! I played around with the recipe and got these wonderful cheese filled crackers. They can be made any size you want. Larger ones would be great for pizza-like appetizers, or wrapped around cheese and prosciutto. I kept these small so they are perfect for dipping and snacking!


Gluten Free Cheesy Crackers

2 Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Grated Cheese
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Xanthan Gum
½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
¼ Cup Oil
½ Cup Water
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Mix Together Dry Ingredients

Add Cheese


Mix in Oil and Water. Stir until a ball forms.

Cover and place in fridge to cool.


Roll out in sections on waxed paper, cut into preferred size slices or wedges.

Sprinkle top with Parmesan Cheese


Bake at 350 Degrees for 10 Minutes

These have great flavor, and freeze well so they can be saved for later. These are the perfect side for your baked holiday brie and any other dips you are serving this holiday season!


Today was day 6 of the 12 days of gluten free Christmas baking series, and I am so excited about the next six days! There are so many sweet goodies waiting to be posted! Have a great Saturday! I hope you don’t have to venture to far into the hectic malls or packed department stores! See you tomorrow.

K.


No comments:

Post a Comment