Friday, December 19, 2014

Gluten Free Eggnog Cupcakes


These Eggnog Cupcakes have amazing flavour, and are gluten free! They are light and fluffy, with the perfect amount of Christmas spice! They are great for the individual who doesn't eat gluten, and the individual who does. Everyone will love their perfect flavour and texture! Eggnog Cupcakes are perfect for winter, and the Christmas season! 

Day 12: 12 Days of Gluten Free Christmas Baking

It is finally day 12! There has been so much baking posted over the last week and a half. I hope you have found something gluten free for yourself or a loved one to enjoy! Everyone should be able to enjoy Christmas treats and not feel left out over the holidays. When starting the 12 Days series I wanted to make Christmas a little more cheerful for those people who have Celiac Disease or a Gluten Intolerance, and I hope I did just that! I had so much fun experimenting with different recipes and ideas, I hope you enjoy eating the baking just as much as I did.

I LOVE EGG NOG. However, dairy products can really upset my stomach so most years I avoid it. This year I was ecstatic to find out that So Delicious made seasonal drinks out of coconut milk! I immediately went to Natures Fare and bought a few quarts to try! It is thick and creamy and you can't tell that it is not real eggnog. I cannot get enough of it!  Eggnog is a holiday classic, many people enjoy it with some sort of rum or liquor. However, it also tastes amazing in baking! The spices are bold and flavourful and they offer warmth and comfort over the holidays. Everyone loves cupcakes. They are a great pair with tea, and make an awesome dessert. These Egg Nog Cupcakes have great flavour, and are light and fluffy!



Egg Nog Cupcakes

1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Butter
3 Egg Whites
1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Egg Nog

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
Beat together Egg Whites, Sugar, and Butter until creamy and fluffy.
Add remaining ingredients until combined, do not over beat.
Scoop approx. 1/4 cup of batter into lined muffin trays.
Bake for 18 minutes.
Let cool on wire racks before icing.


Egg Nog Icing

1/2 Cup Butter at Room Temperature
1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
1/4 Cup Egg Nog
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg

Whip Butter in a mixer until light and creamy.
Add Remaining ingredients and mix together.
If you want it thicker, add more sugar. If you want it thinner, add more egg nog!



If you have not checked out the previous 11 days of Christmas baking, the links are below! Thank you for all the support, and I love receiving feedback if you have tried any of this baking or have suggestions to make it better! send me an email at kaciann88@gmail.com or comment below!

I wish you, and your families a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
And safe travels if you need to leave your homes this holiday season!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment