Saturday, May 17, 2014

The beginning.

This is my journey through life as a busy student. I am working hard to find the motivation to get healthy, be fit, and enjoy the simple things in life while going to school and working a part time job. This is common for many students and I hope that through the support of others people will be motivated to be the best that they can be! Life passes by so quickly and every moment should be enjoyed, the good and the bad.

In my late teens I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, it seemed like the worst thing that could ever happen. This meant no more perogies, cold beer and clamato, bread, or pasta. For the longest time I would cheat, only to regret it later. Now I live a gluten free lifestyle and feel better for it! I love cooking and baking. Being gluten free has allowed me to have fun in the kitchen and develop new and exciting meals that make me forget all about fluffy bread, and delicious potato filled perogies. My love to cook and try new ideas makes eating healthy much more enjoyable.

Recently I rejoined weight watchers. I have a nasty sugar addiction, and love quick meals and snacks. The items I chose may have been quick, but they were not overly healthy. However, the good feelings that I get from eating healthy make it so much easier to stick with it. I have been slacking off at the gym since summer classes started (I have only gone a few times, and keep cutting my workouts short). For the upcoming week I am setting my goal as attending yoga three times, and getting in 4 good workouts. Hopefully in the next few weeks my routine will be back to normal.

All goals can be reached with dedication. People never stop growing and changing. Life is not static, it is always moving. Every moment needs to be enjoyed because once it is gone, it is gone forever.

I hope that this blog will keep me motivated and on track to reach my goals. I invite everyone to join in with me on this journey. There may be failures, setbacks, and disappointments but overcoming these will only make the journey more exciting and I will be stronger for it!

k.


No comments:

Post a Comment