Monday, May 19, 2014

A Season to Reflect

www.balanceandelegance.blogspot.comToday I got the chance to take a walk around my neighborhood. It was great to get out. With all the rain this weekend everything smelled so fresh, all the trees were blooming, and the scenery that is usually brown and dead looking was green and gorgeous! I got a chance to see the city before the sunset, every time I look at the city I am blown away by the views. I guess that is what happens when you move from the flat land. I don't think looking at the view will ever get old. I noticed the trees in front of my complex were blooming. I didn't even know that there were trees in that spot! The walk gave me a chance to notice life, and reevaluate myself. It was short walk, but it gave me a chance to reflect on myself, where I am, and where I want to be.


www.balanceandelegance.blogspot.comI am trying to keep to my goal of getting in four workouts, and three yoga classes this week. With today being a holiday the gym was closed, and I missed the last yoga class because of work. Normally I would have called it a day and told myself that I will try again tomorrow. But, if I am going to commit to getting in shape I have to make it a priority to be active.  I am really happy that I decided to get off my behind and go for a walk. It gave me a chance to realize how out of shape I really am. Doing cardio in the gym is much different than walking up a mountain, or running the stairs up to the next street. Walking outside is something I am going to fit into my everyday routine. It does not take long and is refreshing.

www.balanceandelegance.blogspot.com
My point here is that it does not matter how active you are, as long as you are active in some shape or form. Everything offers something different. I go to yoga to relax and refresh, I go to the gym to burn energy, release anger, or just take a break, and now I will go for walks to reflect. With the weight watchers system every thing counts. Something that seems like a big effort is an even bigger accomplishment. It may be the hardest ten minutes of your day, but eventually you will be able to do that activity for longer and longer. You can build up your strength and endurance. This will also increase your motivation because as you see your progress you wont want to go back to your old habits.

Happy Monday
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment