Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dijon Garlic Marinade


This marinade is perfect on any meat and can be used on the grill, in the slow cooker, or substituted as a salad dressing! It has the perfect balance of garlic and mustard, without being over the top! It is soon to be a staple during BBQ season!

It is finally grilling season! I am definitely not a BBQ connoisseur, but last week I found myself at the meat market and decided to get some pork chops. I am not a huge fan of pork, but I thought I would give it a whirl and see how I could make something with great flavour and was seasonal. I am so happy I did! These pork chops turned out to be better than I imagined.

I covered the pork chops in a Dijon garlic marinade and grilled them! The marinade was the perfect mix of tangy and sweet. I was able to use it as a salad dressing as well! Even more exciting - It was zero weight watchers points!


Dijon Garlic Marinade
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
Fresh Dill
3 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp Olive Oil

Mix all ingredients together and cover over meat of choice. The longer it sits the better. However, 20 minutes is long enough if you are in a hurry! I also put this on the meat while it was on the grill, and after flipping the pork chops. 

This was perfect on top of a fresh green salad! Trying new things makes eating healthy exciting. When you can find guilt free ways to change things up, there is no reason not to eat healthy! It is about experimenting with what works for you, your lifestyle, and your body! No one is the same, but if you stay dedicated and motivated things will seem a lot easier!

Enjoy your day!
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment