Monday, June 9, 2014

Tips for healthy eating when you are busy

Things have been a little crazy. I have been busy with classes, papers, and studying. I must apologize for not posting in a few days, and not sharing any new recipes or tips with you. Things slow down in the next few weeks, and then there will be more time to focus on what I enjoy; blogging, cooking, and relaxing! I can enjoy the summer weather and refocus on getting healthy. I thought I would share some tips on how I still eat healthy when life is just to busy!

-I always have a healthy snack in my bag. This typically includes hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit and vegetables, and half an ounce of almonds!

-I always carry water with me. This way I do not have to spend money on water, and it ensures that I always meet my daily intake.

-The night before I normally make my breakfast and lunch for the next day. Breakfast may be overnight oats, or an omelette that can be reheated. Lunch is typically a salad with tuna and avocado, or egg salad.

-If I know its going to be a busy day I take out the meat from my freezer so it can defrost and is ready to be cooked when I get home.

-Smoothies have become a staple in my life. I will usually have one for a morning snack, or to get some more protein with a meal. My smoothies are made with Vega all in one protein powder, frozen fruit, almond milk, flax seed, and a lot of spinach! The nice thing about smoothies is that you can virtually put anything you want in them!

-Working out tends to be a walk around campus or my neighbourhood when I am busy. It takes a back seat, but as long as I continue to eat healthy I am okay with that. I know that it is only temporary and life will get back to normal shortly!

Being healthy is a balance. You need to find a routine that works for you, and make healthy eating a habit!

I hope everyone has a great week!
k.

1 comment: